"Customer" refers to Ceylinco General Insurance Company Ltd Policy Holders who use online payment facility through Ceylinco General Insurance web site online payment option.
“Company” refers to Ceylinco General Insurance Company Ltd.
“Facility” refers to Online Payment facility.
The Customer hereby agrees to be bound by the following terms & conditions.
- Company Accepted following Payment options for online payment facility.
- Facility exclusively to the Customer of company.
- The Customer is over eighteen (18) years of age and the details provided at the time of using facility are correct and complete.
- Customer accept full responsibility for all transactions processed from the use of the Online Payment facility
- That company does not guarantee that the facility will be error free and will meet the Customer’s requirements.
- Due to the way transactions are processed by the external banking sites and/or Credit Card Companies, there may be delays of number of days in updating customer records.
- Successful payments will be confirmed to customer through email by the company (if customer provided valid mobile number and given consent to send email). Delays in updating customer records may delay confirmation email as well.
- If your payment fails, please use one of the other payment methods described by company, to pay your premium. Please arrange an alternative payment method promptly to ensure continuous payment of premiums on due days.
- That company may occasionally restrict the functions of the facility, or completely make dysfunctional, to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new features.
- That company will make reasonable efforts to process any instruction requested by the Customer, but shall not be liable for any failure to comply with such request(s) unless it is due to company’s failure to make reasonable efforts to do so.
- That the Customer must ensure that all instructions/ details (Policy Number, Contact details, Customer Name, etc.) given are accurate and complete and company is not liable for any damages if this is not the case.
- If company identified at the time of updating customer records that policy number and customer details (names) are not match, there is a possibility that company may contact customer though the contact details entered by customer in the facility form and update customer details accurately based on customer confirmation. However, company will take no responsibility (as mentioned in point 11 above) if customer accounts are not properly updated due to wrong information provided by customer.
- That a transaction being carried out is not always simultaneous with an instruction being given. Certain instructions may be processed after a delay and/or only be processed during normal working hours even though the service may be accessible outside such hours.
- Not to hold company liable, responsible or accountable in anyway whatsoever for any loss or damage whatsoever arising by any malfunctions or failure of the Online Payment facility or on the failure or delay of company to act on instructions given via this medium.
- Notwithstanding to and without prejudice to the generally of provision of (14) above the use of the facility shall be at the sole risk of the Customer and the Customer shall also accept any and all risk, incidental to or arising out of the use of facility.
- That company shall be at liberty to terminate the facility at any time without notice to the Customer by cancelling the facility.
- All rules and regulations governing the operations on Insurance shall be applicable to facility.
- Company may monitor usage of the facility for security purposes.
- Company may also undertake market and other analyses based on Customer use of the facility. Such analyses shall be conducted in order to identify user patterns and behavior in order to improve the facility.
- That company reserves the right to vary these terms & conditions and fees applicable at any time and without prior notice.
- Company takes no liability for usage of the facility from territories where such facilities are illegal, unlawful or is prohibited. If the Customer chooses to use the facility from locations outside Sri Lanka, the Customer does so on his/her own initiative and is responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Indemnity Clause - That the Customer will be fully liable and responsible for all consequences arising from or in connection with use of the service and/or access to any information or report or any other information as a result of such use by the Customer or any other person whether or not authorized by the Customer. The Customer shall indemnify company and their directors, respective officers and employees against all liabilities, claims, damage, losses, demand, costs, charges and expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, legal fees on full indemnify basis) which may be incurred by any of them and all actions and proceeding which may be brought by or against any of them in connection with the provision of the services, the information and/or the report exercise or prevention of company powers under these terms & conditions unless due to the gross negligence or willful default of Company.
- All matters relating to use of the facility shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka. Any legal action or proceedings relating to the Customer’s access to, or use of, the facility shall be instituted in a court in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The Customer and Company agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in such legal action or proceed